Came across these interesting facts which really does renew ones curiosity as well as faith in nature.
- Did you know a snail can sleep for three years and ants don’t sleep at all.
- There are more insects in one square mile of rural land than there are human beings on the entire earth.
- Each year insects consume one third of the earths food crops.
- It is estimated that one-third of human food supplies depends on pollination by insects.
- Birds save the US timber industry tens of millions of dollars every year by feasting on wood-boring insects that attack the trees.
- The honeybee kills more people around the world each year than all the poisonous snakes combined, but the creature responsible for the most human deaths is the mosquito, by a considerable margin.
- Everyday earthworms eat and excrete their own body weight in rotted vegetable matter and earth. They are no threat to plants because they only eat organic matter that has started to decay.
“Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson